More than ever, managers and clinicians must work together to develop a deeper understanding of what is really driving the cost of service delivery and patient outcomes.
Prodacapo Costing is developed to deliver this critical management information. It is based on a time driven and activity-based costing model and enables you to identify costing that is rooted in the organization.
The activity-based data can provide the insight to understand "why" the costs vary for patients with the same diagnosis or procedure. Once you have this information, you can proactively identify opportunities for cost reductions by reducing the NVA (non-value added) activities and identifying variability in care delivered, allowing the organisation to provide the same level of service at a lower cost.
How Prodacapo Costing works
- Developed from an activity-based costing model that can be used to identify comparable costs per patient, treatment, diagnosis and DRG over the entire care cycle.
- The costing describes, in a transparent way, how your organization functions, how various resources – such as staff, premises and other permanent assets – are utilised in providing healthcare services and how the healthcare services are driven by treatment events and patient encounters.
- The resulting data provides a clear basis for planning and understanding case mix, staffing and processes so that the quality of the whole care cycle can be improved.
Reasons why you should consider Prodacapo Costing
- More than a tool for patient level costing. It is also a great tool for performance management to manage and improve the operation.
- Gives an invaluable connection between finance and front-line delivery of care, which is usually difficult to achieve.
- Enables a better understanding of how working methods influence the end result.
- Provides a basis for reliable information on effective resource allocation, creating an improved basis for decision and a greater understanding of how and why costs are incurred
- Incredibly flexible approach to costing, enabling all mandatory outputs to be easily created automatically.
- Includes templates, reports, matching routines, integrations to patient administrative systems and other existing systems.
In addition to Prodacapo Costing we are happy to support and maintain existing Ecomed KPP and Ecomed ICS customers actively with their current solutions to provide value and keep the systems in production, and we also provide easy migrations from those legacy products to Prodacapo Costing.
Prodacapo Groupers is a comprehensive family of both case-mix groupers (DRG systems) and episode groupers. Groupers are based on and certified for Nordic standards (NordDRG) and they are available in different applications and programming interfaces for system integration. Applications include batch processing tools for Windows and Linux, interactive expert version for Windows and cloud service in Web. Programming interfaces include Windows DLL, REST API, SOAP API and TCP sockets interfaces, to implement DRG grouping capabilities on Your PAS or other system.
- Annual and other updates w/o recompilation in target environments: separation of logic engine and rules database (DSL).
- Self-propelled grouper, no need for a database or other application or framework dependencies.
- In addition to actual DRG grouping result data quality can be flagged. These flags can be used for analyzing whether input data, such as ICD codes, are correct, have affected output DRG or if there are some errors or warnings for using infeasible ICD codes, asterisk-dagger pairs or codes unsuitable for this kind of patient case, helping clinical coders in their work aiming at high quality data entry.
- Previously vendor and certified groupers for Norway, Denmark and Germany (G-DRG).
- Technical maintenance partner w. Nordic Case-mix Centre and member of Expert Group.
- Integerates seamlessly with Prodacapo Region, Prodacapo Costing and Prodacapo Planning.
In addition to case-mix groupers Prodacapo provides episode groupers that are required in regional service network analyses and in VBHC. Episode grouper can be either configured to suit customer’s own episode specifications or it can use standard specifications such as pDRG/EPR® (patient episode grouper covering primary care, secondary care and social services, defined by Assiciation of Finnish local and regional authorities).
Prodacapo Nimes is a product concept for quality assurance, monitoring, reporting and analysis of activity data for hospitals.
To give a precise description of the activity and health care that has been provided by a hospital, correct data of high quality is crucial. A hospital’s activity data is used at different levels, for different purposes, both internally, by health care providers and by the authorities. The activity data also forms the basis for different forms of activity based financing (ABF).
Nimes contains rules for quality and validation. Imported datasets are validated, and Nimes provides structured views of the validation result. Nimes will also perform DRG grouping and construction of hospital stays, which is an integral part of activity based financing.
The resulting data sets serve as basis for reporting to the authorities, reimbursement result, monitoring of activity and health care statistics, as well as quality assurance.
An integral part of Prodacapo Nimes is a module for monitoring and control of medical coding practices. The module contains a search and navigation tool for medical (ICD-10) and procedure codes, including DRG and ABF results.
The Nimes presentation and analysis tools provide the ability to build advanced queries. The queries can be used to perform different types of activity analysis, as well as monitoring the results related to ABF.
Using Prodacapo Nimes, the hospitals gain an excellent view on their activity data and the quality of these data.
Prodacapo Planning is a case-mix, production and pricing planning tool for social and health care service provider networks and service producers. It links regional service demand and quality targets to actual production and allocation of the production (also outsourced production) in the area. Planning can be done at the customer segment and episode of care level, providing tools for a VBHC based view and simulation.
- As a module of Prodacapo Region, Prodacapo Planning seamlessly integrates and utilizes Prodacapo Region’s data, thus making migration projects straightforward w/o new data feeds or definition projects.
- Is highly configured and productized.
- Links to and includes comprehensive follow-up reporting of planned vs. actual targets from the points of view of service volume, service costs and service quality.
- This follow-up reporting can be also openly published to inform all relevant actors in the region about the actual performance of the service network, including but limited to reporting to the citizens.
- Thanks to its open interfaces does not build yet another data silo.
- Prodacapo Planning is SPR compliant.
- Links directly and supports case-mix and episode groupings by Prodacapo Groupers as regional and local product specifications.
- In addition to the productization systems supported by Prodacapo Groupers, Finnish social and health care information packets are also fully supported.
- Utilizes actual costing data (PLC - patient level costing and clinical service level costing) calculated in Prodacapo Costing.
- Planning data is based on actual production and cost (calc in Prodacapo Costing) data in Prodacapo Region including special, primary and social care in different customer segments and common regional master data (organization and products).
- Service demand is based on population, segments and service utilization profiles (that can be edited/planned.
- Service demand is planned to be fulfilled by public and private producers’ production.
- One can set quantitative and qualitative targets in the region and for producers.
- Own production defines resources required.
- Analysis of the placement of your resources in the regional network.
- Provider has an integrated regional view to the whole system in the region.
- Prodacapo Region supports multiple systems for regional productization at episode and encounter level including national standards: Social and health-care info packets, public service categorization (JHS), pDRG/EPR groupings and other DRG groupings.
There is a growing demand for Value-Based Healthcare requiring services integration as well as an increase in information exchange and transparency between regional service providers.
Prodacapo Region is a new regional performance monitoring and governance solution to build a continuous improvement ecosystem, monitor progress and sustain alignment among the stakeholders involved in creating the new Value Network – A new way of working in regional health and social care.
Why Prodacapo Region?
- More transparent collaboration improves the implementation of Value Network Culture.
- Continuous development and redesign of a regional Service Network.
- Big Data based Predictability and ability to act in Anticipation.
- Better collaboration between health care professionals, administrative staff and patient.
- GDPR compliant flows of information in the value network.
What does it do?
- Combines regional care transactions to one patient care pathway.
- Valuates the costs and reimbursement of regional care pathways.
- Evaluates the financial performance and healthcare outcomes of a service network by profiling and segmenting customer data.
- Visualizes and leveragies knowledge by providing comprehensive, multi-dimensional and advanced analytics including the Prodacapo Region Geographical Information System.